Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
What's in it
1 Devil's Food cake mix, (11 - 12 ounce package)
2 sticks (1 cup) margarine,, divided
1/4 cup baking cocoa
2 cups powdered sugar
1 (1 lb.) box confectioners' sugar
How to cook it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour cake mix into a large mixing bowl.
- Melt 1 stick of margarine and add to cake mix.
- Lightly beat eggs and add to mix. Stir well -- this will form a sticky dough.
- Roll dough into 32 balls about 1 inch in diameter. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Cool cookies completely.
- Cream together the remaining stick of margarine, cocoa and powdered sugar. Add milk if necessary so the filling is of spreading consistency.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of filling onto 16 cookies. Top with remaining cookies. Decorate with filling thinned with a small amount of milk, if desired.