Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Cheesy Potatoes Yummy kiddie recipe. Easy to make and your kids will love it and so will you!
What's in it
4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 oz. Velveeta 2% milk cheese, cut in ½ inch cubes
1/4 cup milk
Salt and pepper to taste
How to cook it
- Add potatoes, 1/2 tsp. salt, and enough water to completely cover the potatoes to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, cook about 7 minutes or until just tender enough for a sharp knife to pull out of a potato when you prick it.
- Drain the water from the potatoes.
- Reduce heat to low and return the pan to the burner.
- Add the milk and cheese cubes. Fold the ingredients gently to disburse the cheese cubes throughout. Stirring too aggressively or too often will result in mashed potatoes.
- Cover. Wait 3-4 minutes. Gently stir. Continue stirring every few minutes until cheese is melted. Enjoy!