Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
What's in it
1 cup liquid egg whites
2 tbsp chopped onions
1/4 cup sliced vegetables or choice
1/4 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp paprika
Salt & pepper to taste
How to cook it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray an 8” nonstick skillet with cooking spray or an olive oil mister and set over medium high heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg whites, cheese, garlic powder, paprika and salt & pepper.
- Add onions to skillet, and cook until they begin to become tender, about 2 minutes.
- Turn heat to medium, and pour in the egg white mixture. Then gently lay vegetables in the egg whites.
- Cook just until the edges of the egg whites are set, about 2-3 minutes. Then transfer skillet to the oven to finish cooking. Remove just when egg whites have been cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.