Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
What's in it
2 250-gram salmon fillets
1 onion, peeled and sliced
1 bunch of fresh dill
4-5 tablespoons mayonnaise
4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
How to cook it
- Chop enough of the dill leaves to make 2 tablespoons and set aside. Zest the lemon and set the lemon zest aside.
- In the bottom of a baking dish that will fit both salmon fillets, spread the sliced onions. Drizzle the onions with some olive oil, and then season with salt and pepper. Lay the rest of your whole dill fronds on top of your onions. Slice 4 slices from the middle of the lemon and lay on top of the dill. Set the rest of the lemon aside to serve alongside the salmon. Lay the salmon fillets on top of the lemon. Season the fillets with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl mix the mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons chopped dill, and lemon zest. Season very lightly with salt and pepper.
- Spread the dill mayonnaise evenly on top of the fillets. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the salmon in a pre-heated 350F oven for about 20-25 minutes. The salmon can be slightly rare in the middle unless you are serving this to very small children or pregnant women (although that would depend on the kid or the woman!). You know the fish is done when it flakes easily when pierced with a small knife.
- Serve with your remaining lemon sliced into quarters.
More recipes with "Cheese, Lemons, Onion, Samon":
More "Dinner" recipes: