Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/
What's in it
1 cup of butter, room temperature
2/3 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of almond extract
2 1/2 cups of flour
1 cup of almond flour (can substitute ground almonds*)
1/4 cup of powdered sugar for sprinkling
*You can use slivered, blanched almonds and grind them up, but you will have a very crumbly, hard to work with dough. It’ll still taste good though.
How to cook it
- Cream the butter and the sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the extracts and mix.
- Add the flour and almond flour. Mix thoroughly.
- Take generous tablespoons of the dough (it will be slightly crumbly) and roll it into a small ball, about an inch in diameter, and then shape into a crescent shape. Place onto parchment paper and bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until a light golden brown.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Optional: For added decadence let the cookies cool and dip one end of them into some melted chocolate, then let the chocolate harden.