Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.celiac.com/
What's in it
1 ¾ cups warm distilled water
1 ¾ cups full fat coconut milk
½ cup ground flaxseed
2 ¾ tablespoons blackstrap molasses
½ cup tapioca flour
2 cups gluten-free rice flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
How to cook it
- Start by grinding the flax seeds in your blender or food processor until it reaches a finely ground consistency.
- Mix the ground flax seed with the warm water in a medium glass bowl, set aside, let sit for 3 minutes.
- Whisk together the rice flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large glass bowl. Blend the coconut milk and molasses into the water and flax seed mixture.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together until the batter is slightly lumpy.
- Preheat the waffle iron until warm.
- Mix the batter again briefly, breaking up any remaining balls of rice flour.
- Completely grease both sides of the waffle iron.
- Pour the batter into the center of the iron, covering the iron enough but not too much that the batter overflows.
- Bake each waffle until it is brown and can be removed from the iron without breaking or falling apart.
More "Breakfast" recipes:
More recipes with the same dietary type of "Gluten Free":