Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com
What's in it
4 split organic free-range chicken breasts [skinless are fine]
Sea salt and gluten-free Lemon Pepper seasoning, to taste
1 14-oz can Muir Glen fire-roasted tomatoes with juice
3/4 cup of your Muir Glen pasta sauce
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup red wine
6 cloves garlic, chopped
2 cups of thin pepper strips- mixed green, yellow and orange peppers
2 large portobella mushrooms, sliced
10 to 12 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup chopped black olives
2 heaping tablespoons capers
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano or marjoram
How to cook it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a 10x13-inch baking pan with olive oil.
- Wash the chicken in cold water and pat dry; season with lemon pepper; place in the baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken breasts.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake until the chicken is no longer pink inside, anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes depending upon the size of the chicken breasts, etc.
- Serve with brown rice, quinoa or mashed potatoes. Offer crumbled feta or goat cheese as a garnish.
More recipes with "Chicken, Green Pepper, Mushrooms, Olives, Raisins, Tomato":