York Revolution Professional Baseball – 2014 Fan Fest
This event posted by: Amy Pickett
Saturday, April 19, 2014
York Revolution / Santander Stadium
5 Brooks Robinson Way
York, PA 17401
$3 per person
2014 FAN FEST – Country Concert presented by Great County 107.7 WGTY. Act TBA
The never-ending winter of 2014 is about to be forced off the stage for good, replaced by country star Jerrod Niemann and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to “play with the pros” for the York Revolution’s 2014 Fan Fest on Saturday, April 19.
The annual kick-off to the Revolution season is just five days before Opening Day this year, when the Revs open the 2014 Atlantic League season at home against the Camden Riversharks on April 24. This year it features a few new twists:
- At Noon the 2014 Revolution will assemble publicly for the first time on the Brooks Robinson Plaza, for a full-team autograph session for fans. The team will be debuting two new alternate jerseys for this occasion, a blue and gold alternate and a new home white “Revs” alternate. This will be fans’ first opportunity to see the new unis.
- Santander Stadium gates will open at 12:45 for a 1 p.m. concert from Jerrod Niemann, who will perform an acoustic set on the field. Niemann’s show is presented by Great Country 107.7 WGTY. Niemann, a household name for country fans, is best known for hits “Drink To That All Night” and “Lover, Lover.”
- Following the concert fans will be treated to the first Revolution action of 2014: With a whiffle ball. York City Little League players and Revolution players will first compete in a whiffle ball hitting derby on the field. That will be followed by a “Pros & Joes” whiffle ball matchup, pitting against one another two teams comprised of four Revolution players and four lucky winners.
- Nominations to play in the Pros & Joes game are being accepted via the Revolution’s Facebook and Twitter page. To nominate someone you think deserves to play whiffle ball on the field with the Revs, please contact the team on either social media platform beginning NOW. The winners will be selected and notified 10 to 14 days out from the event on April 19, and it’s okay for people to nominate themselves.
- Following the whiffle ball action after 2 p.m., there will be a massive Easter egg hunt in the outfield at Santander Stadium, broken into three fair age groups for kids only.
- The final event of the day will be an intrasquad scrimmage, where fans can see their first live baseball action of the 2014 Revolution season.
Additional entertainment running throughout Fan Fest will include face painting, do it yourself crafts for Easter weekend, and inflatable rides for kids. The DownTown Playground inside the ballpark will also be open and free, offering all the climbing equipment, obstacle course and carousel as usual.
Admission to this event is only $3 per person, benefiting York City Little League. CLICK HERE TO BUY TICKETS. The event is free for York Revolution full-season ticket holders.
- Want to learn to ride a horse? Check out Thousand Hills Riding Stable in Delaplaine VA. Tons of options for all... https://t.co/xXDsSHeMeu about 13 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest Tots2Tweens Kids Connection! https://t.co/Fq2QZVsBkZ #rapidreactions #4kultrahd about 15 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Amazing New Stuff Fun as a Family – Weekend September 22, 2017 https://t.co/7NomB2iNkc 08:02:25 PM September 22, 2017 from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite