This event posted by: orock
Saturday, April 25, 2015
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
Click for More Information
Festival-like Celebration Opens Campus Doors to Families, Prospective Students & Community
COLLEGE PARK, Md. – The University of Maryland will host its 16th annual Maryland Day from 10 a.m. – 4
p.m. on April 26, 2014. UMD’s campus-wide celebration of innovation, creativity and academic
excellence will offer more than 450 family-friendly events and exhibits that teach and inspire future
Throughout UMD’s 1,250-acre campus, visitors can “Explore Our World of Fearless Ideas.” The university
will be divided into six areas for exploration: Ag Day Avenue, Arts Alley, Biz and Society Hill, Science and
Tech Way, Sports and Rec Row, and Terp Town Center.
The 2014 program features several popular events:
• See the new foal that was born at UMD’s campus farm.
• Help set a Guinness World Record for the largest drum circle ever assembled—The Health Equity Drum Circle: Drum Beats for Health and Wellness.
• Check out “Life in the Anchor Chair” and see what it’s like to deliver the nightly news.
• Visit Hornbake Plaza to meet up with alumni and discover TERPRIDE, a high-tech, retro-fitted bus.
• Sample the Smith Island Cake ice cream created specifically for Maryland Day and available for
just one day.
• Get autographs from your favorite football and men’s and women’s basketball players.
UMD’s campus-wide celebration of innovation, creativity and academic excellence will offer more than
450 family-friendly events and exhibits that teach and inspire future innovators.
Saturday, April 26, 2014
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
(Rain or shine)
University of Maryland, College Park, MD
Admission and parking are free.
To view the full Maryland Day schedule, visit www.marylandday.umd.edu. Follow the celebration on
social media with #MarylandDay.
Those who can’t make it to campus can still take part in the celebration through Maryland Day—Our
World. Terps around the globe are invited to shoot video or photos of the ordinary and extraordinary
moments of what they’re doing April 25–26. UMD will compile the footage to produce a minidocumentary
about the impact of Terps on the world. Visit
http://www.marylandday.umd.edu/ourworld for details.
- Win 4 tickets to @MLB #FanFest in Washington! So easy, just make sure you're registered for our newsletter. Winner… https://t.co/fJRmBer2OP about 15 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest Tots2Tweens Kids Connection! https://t.co/OWz72RH8Vt #washtimesoped #bestofwashtimes about 15 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Latest News from Tots2Tweens for 06/23/2018 - https://t.co/PkwukLAysP about 21 hours ago from MailChimp ReplyRetweetFavorite