Green Neighbor Festival of Frederick
This event posted by: orock
Saturday, May 12, 2018
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
At Culler Lake in Baker Park
Frederick, MD 21701
Click for more information
The Green Neighbor Committee is once again hosting the Green Neighbor Festival, on Saturday May 12, 2018. The goal of the event is to promote sustainable living practices, environmentally friendly activities, and local green businesses in Frederick County. Last year’s event attracted nearly 1000 attendees and we anticipate more this year.
Event organizers are expanding the day’s activities and entertainment to include:
• live acoustic music sponsored and coordinated by Frederick Acoustic Music Enterprise (FAME).
• a sustainability bike-ride around Frederick hosted by The City of Frederick,
• local “green” and environmentally sustainable-minded vendors,
• collection of hard-to-recycle items by our vendors (see the list of accepted items),
• family-friendly activity area hosted by Frederick County Office of Sustainability and Environmental Resources (OSER),
• Green Neighbor Environmental Tips on sustainable living to conserve natural resources and save money!
• electric & hybrid vehicle displays
• stream cleanup,
• bluegill fish release,
• food truck area
• environmental film screening (WASTED! The Story of Food Waste) in the evening at Hood College and more.
The festival will again be situated around Culler Lake, in Baker Park, Frederick, MD, close to the Hood College campus, and will occur from 10 am – 4 pm. Additional activities are being planned before and after festival hours and the schedule of events will be announced closer to the event date.
- Weekly Video - August 20, 2018: https://t.co/SWzVbKSlVb via @YouTube about 18 hours ago from Google ReplyRetweetFavorite
- tots2tweens Live Stream: https://t.co/DahFjry4uj via @YouTube about 19 hours ago from Google ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Featuring Huntington Learning Center, Buffalo Wild Wings, Kids First Swim Schools and Pediatric Dental Center of Fr… https://t.co/Ec5ageopIq about 19 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite