Day of Dementia Alzheimer’s Experience
This event posted by: orock
Saturday, March 03, 2018
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Trinity United Methodist Church
220 W Martin St,
Martinsburg, WV 25401
Click for more information
By participating in the Day of Dementia© Alzheimer’s Experience you will get a glimpse into what it could feel like to live with dementia like Alzheimer’s Disease (AD). This program is meant to help build awareness, empathy and understanding about those living with dementia like AD.
How does it all work?
There are 3 parts to our experience.
1) Introduction and Prep: The experience presenters will give participants insight into how the program was developed, what the simulation gear is intended to do, and will help them gear up.
2) Simulation and Observation: and then participants will be given a set of simple everyday tasks and will attempt to complete them in 5 minutes.
3) End Discussion and Debrief: Once the participant has completed all tasks or their time ends, they will be able to sit down and talk about the experience with one of our presenters. We help participants make sense of their experience by discussing behaviors observed and making connections that allow the participant to gain perspective in what one living with AD could be experiencing daily.
Sign up today!
- The latest Tots2Tweens Kids Connection! https://t.co/WPIArqRPQk #midterms2018 #khashoggi about 19 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest Tots2Tweens Kids Connection! https://t.co/4fJ3FG6PbA #frontpage #a1 09:42:18 AM October 20, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Latest News from Tots2Tweens for 10/20/2018 - https://t.co/HhrTayo5uL 04:01:36 AM October 20, 2018 from MailChimp ReplyRetweetFavorite