Christmas at Mount Vernon
This event posted by: Amy Pickett
Friday, November 29, 2013 thru Monday, January 06, 2014
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
George Washington's Mount Vernon
3200 Mount Vernon Memorial Highway,
Mount Vernon, VA 22121
Adults 12-61: $17.00, Youth 6-11: $8.00, Children under 5: Free, Seniors 62 and over: $16.00
A glimpse at holiday celebrations in George Washington’s day!
Nov. 29, 2013 – Jan. 6, 2014 Open daily, including Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve
Mount Vernon decks the halls with themed Christmas trees on the estate and festive greenery in the Mansion. Tour the rarely-open third floor of the Mansion and get a glimpse of how the Washingtons might have decorated and entertained during the holiday season.
- Watch our chocolatiers produce chocolate using 18th-century techniques.
- Join in the holiday fun as costumed friends and family of the Washingtons teach dancing or tell stories about Christmas at Mount Vernon in the Greenhouse from 3 – 3:30 p.m. daily.
- Enjoy festive holiday performances by local musical groups weekends only at 2 p.m. in the Education Center lobby.
- Meet Aladdin the Camel and see the National Thanksgiving Turkey after its official “presidential pardoning” at the White House.
- Tomorrow!! Yay. Click to read about the event and print out your coupon for $2.99 Smoothie from Tropical Smoothie i… https://t.co/BsPIwv6UdV about 8 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- ICYMI - Fun as Family Friday on The Marco Nation: https://t.co/AtvnAAdxKR via @YouTube about 10 hours ago from Google ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest Tots2Tweens Kids Connection! https://t.co/M8CiwVbVT6 #thursdaythoughts #deborahsimmons about 14 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite