Charles Town Heritage Festival
This event posted by: Amy Pickett
Saturday, September 21, 2013
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Downtown Charles Town
Jefferson Memorial Park
Charles Town, WV 25414
Friday, September 20th
Kick Off Concert
Kelly Bell Band http://www.phatblues.com/
Time: 7:00 pm
Location: Jefferson Memorial Park
Saturday, September 21st
Jefferson County History Tent
Stop by to visit the Jefferson County Historical Society History Tent which will feature demonstrations, Civil War relics and uniforms and much more history about our great county.
Heritage Quest Scavenger Hunt
Do you like discovering new things? Are you good at unraveling a mystery? The Charles Town Heritage Quest is a family-friendly clue-solving scavenger hunt for history. Participants will receive a Passport that contains trivia questions and clues that will lead you through local shops and Charles Town points of interest in search of hand-carved stamps, scavenger hunt items, and answers to clues. Families, teams, and individuals are encouraged to participate. The first 50 teams to register will receive a Charles Town Heritage Quest logo bag. All participants will receive a ribbon and each winning team will earn a trophy plus the title of Heritage Quest champion!
- Registration begins at 10:30 a.m. on September 21, 2013. Game play starts at 11am and ends at 3 pm. For more information please contact HeritageQuest2011@gmail.com.
- Cost: $5 per family/team/individual if postmarked on or before September 13th; $8 per family/team/individual if postmarked after September 13th
- History Quest Registration
- History Quest Rules
2nd Annual Pie Bake Off
Charles Town Heritage Festival Pie Bake Off. Pies will be judged by a panel of 3 and awards will be given based on the Best Tasting Pie and the Prettiest Pie. Festival attendants will taste and make their selection for “People’s Choice” Best Tasting. Pies must NOT require refrigeration.
- Cost: $5 entry fee for each pie
- Location: Charles Town City Hall Council Chambers
- Time: Registration and set up 11:00 am; Judging at 12:00 pm
The Anvil Play
The Anvil is based on the trial of John Brown and his raiders in 1859
- Cost: TBD
- Location: Jefferson County Courthouse Courtroom
- Time: Friday, September 21 7:30 pm; Saturday, September 22 7:30 pm; Sunday 3:00 pm
Meet Charles & George Washington
Have your picture taken with George Washington and his youngest brother Charles, founder of Charles Town. Learn about George’s interest in the Potomac River and Western Virginia. Discover the story of Charles Town and its many streets that Charles named after his wife and family members.
Farm to Fork Workshop
The Corn Bread Project is an educational program that teaches children about their connection to farms through the local agricultural products they eat. Children will learn to make cornmeal by shelling the corn and then grinding it in hand crank grain mills. Once the corn is processed into a meal, participants will make cornbread from scratch using local ingredients. The project is conducted by Jane Tabb, the owner and operator of Fresh Feast on the Farm, a local catering company that is dedicated to reconnecting the public to the land through our local harvest.
Children’s Games & Activities
Various games and activities will be available for the kids.
Sunday, September 22nd
Parade of Horses
Time: 2:00 pm
Location: Washington Street
- Latest News from Tots2Tweens for 12/15/2018 - https://t.co/VMGZt9GXKB about 4 hours ago from MailChimp ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest Tots2Tweens Kids Connection! https://t.co/kXCKdTQFGo #frontpage #a1 about 23 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Fun as a Family live. Watch now! https://t.co/ByVH8zBfv8 09:21:36 AM December 14, 2018 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite