Apple Gala & Cider Festival
This event posted by: orock
Saturday, September 05, 2015 thru Sunday, September 20, 2015
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Great Country Farms
18780 Foggy Bottom Road
Bluemont, VA 20135
Click for more information
September may mean back to school for many, but at Great Country it means back to the farm for freshly pressed cider and picking apples! We will celebrate the start of the apple picking and cider pressing season with tastings of Rinkers freshly pressed cider- The Best in the Valley! Meet the team from Boulder Crest and purchase a “lucky duck” as part of our Pumpkin Chunkin’ Grand Finale Fund Raising Giant Pumpkin Drop on November 2, 2014.
We are excited to announce that we will be offering Apple Wine tastings from Northgate Vineyard and Corcoran Vineyard will be back with their apple wine and their new Hard Cider tastings with an additional tasting fee ($.50).
Nothing says Fall like Apple Butter! We have a fresh supply in our Farm Market. ONE WEEKEND ONLY: Sept 19 & 20….Come watch the members and friends of Catoctin Presbyterian Church in Waterford, VA have been making apple butter for more than twenty five years. They will join us September 20 & 21 for an apple butter making demonstration. Purchase some of their freshly made apple butter. Proceeds go directly to the church to support its operations, programs and mission works in the community.
To celebrate everything apple, the farm will have cider pressing demonstrations with the Zurschmeide Family antique1865 Cider press. Visitors are encouraged to try giving the press a crank to see how cider used to be produced.
- Wagon rides to our u-pick fields (apples are $1.29/lb)
- Boulder Crest Retreat Wounded Warrior Corn Maze
- Fresh Apple Cider tasting
- Antique Cider Press Demonstrations at 11am, 1pm & 3pm
- 2800 Sq. ft Jumping Pillow
- 80 ft. Triple Threat Giant Slide
- Double Barrel 60ft. Double Slide
- Bouncy Horse Race Track
- 18 hold Cow Pie Putt-Putt Golf Course
- Jammed Tractor Maze
- Pathway Puzzle Maze
- Rope Maze
- Billy Goats Gruff to feed and Visit
- Lil’ Farmer Imagination Village
- The Corn Bin
- Pedal Cart Track
- Rope Swings
- Tractor Tire Mountain
- Catch & Release Fishing in our Stocked pond with your own equipment
- Bouncy Cows for the tots!
- Off-Leash Doggie Picnic Area (Fido is always welcome at the farm. Please pick up after your dog!)
- The latest Tots2Tweens Kids Connection! https://t.co/xoryw1wg1n #opinion #zacharycruz about 8 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest Tots2Tweens Kids Connection! https://t.co/3SgQzsTnFc #opinion #insidethebeltway 09:38:32 AM March 20, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Amazing New Stuff Meet a Mom Monday – Hanna Benedict - “If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two h… https://t.co/simfOMFDb4 08:03:32 PM March 19, 2018 from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite