St. Luke School
About St. Luke School
The mission of Saint Luke School is to prepare students to become academically sound citizens instilled with a sense of Catholic values and knowledge of Catholic faith, committed to the pursuit of learning and dedicated to serving mankind.
We offer an academically challenging program for students in Kindergarten through 8th grade. Our pursuit of academic excellence is rooted in a Christ-centered mission, and our teachers are outstanding educators who understand the developmental needs of the children we serve. I’m proud to note that in September 2014, the U.S. Secretary of Education recognized Saint Luke School as a Blue Ribbon School of Academic Excellence. This is an honor bestowed on only 337 schools in the country (including 50 private schools) and is a trademark of excellence.
Through our small class size, rigorous academic program, and strong faith formation we are able to provide the personal attention each child needs to be successful. We are committed to the intellectual, physical, spiritual, moral, social, and emotional development of every child. We offer varied extra-curricular opportunities in both the fine arts and athletics.
Our students achieve the high standards we set for them, scoring well above national averages. They compete successfully in national contests and are accepted into the most prestigious Catholic and private high schools in Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC.
Saint Luke Preschool strives to provide an environment full of growth, play, and learning. Children are encouraged to learn by engaging in new experiences and creative play activities. The aim is to develop the whole child cognitively, emotionally, spiritually, and physically. Saint Luke Preschool offers classes for 3 & 4 year olds:
SLS AT A GLANCE
- Preschool-8, coed Catholic School founded in 1962
- 50+ year tradition of providing academic excellence in a Christ-Centered environment
- 2014 National Blue Ribbon School of Academic Excellence
- Educating the whole child spiritually, academically, emotionally, and physically
- A member of the Diocese of Arlington
- Accredited by the Virginia Catholic Conference
- Located in McLean, VA
- Campus has large fields perfect for outdoor play as well as a beautiful courtyard
- Small, intimate sized school with a staff of 30 teachers and aides
- School Hours: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Extended Day available on a daily, intermittent, or drop-in basis
- Foreign Language program offers French and Spanish
- Activboard technology in all classrooms
- Reading specialist for grades 1-5
- Mathematics chair works with students in grades 5-8
- Algebra I offered to students in advanced math
- Curriculum integration for rich learning experiences
- Extra-curricular activities: CYO basketball and tennis
- Clubs: Chess Club, Choir, Junior National Honor Society, Student Council, Brownies, Girl Scouts, and Boy Scouts
St. Luke School
7005 Georgetown Pike
McLean, VA 22101