St. John the Evangelist School
About St. John the Evangelist School
SJES at a Glance
- PreK-8th grade Catholic school founded in 1960 by Father Robert E. O’Kane, and originally staffed by the Benedictine Sisters
- A member of the Diocese of Arlington
- Accredited by the Virginia Catholic Education Association
- Located in Warrenton, VA, situated at the Blue Ridge foothills of Fauquier County
- Small, intimate sized school of 240 students, with a faculty & staff of 40+
- School Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. with early morning and after school extended day services
- Foreign Language, Art, Technology, Music, Physical Education and Algebra are offered to all students
- Athletic activities include CYO Basketball, Tennis, and Cross Country. We also offer a Soccer Club, Lacrosse Club, and Run for Fun Club
- Extracurricular activities include GEMS Club, BITS Club, Spanish Club, Chess Club, Little Flowers, Battle of the Books, Usher Club, National Junior Honor Society, and Student Council Association
- Our school offers a challenging academic program for preschool through eighth grade that stimulates each child’s intellectual curiosity and desire for life-long learning
- A Lab Learner hands-on science program is offered to all students
- Middle school Geometry, Algebra, and Honors Program is available in Math & Literature
St. John the Evangelist School provides a safe environment which encourages the development of self esteem, confidence and spiritual growth.
Saint John the Evangelist Preschool is operated by Saint John the Evangelist School and is affiliated with Saint John the Evangelist Parish. Saint John Preschool is accredited by the Virginia Catholic Education Association.
Our preschool program promotes each child’s spiritual, emotional, intellectual, physical, and social growth. The curriculum is organized in a sequential manner that follows a theme or unit.
The aim of the preschool is to make each learning activity developmentally appropriate, challenging and a multi-sensory experience. We encourage activity. The children of Saint John Preschool are exposed to many concepts, but our focus is on appealing learning activities and creativity.
Kindergarten – Grade 5
St. John the Evangelist’s elementary education intertwines Catholic virtues and Diocesan guidelines and instills students with self-esteem, confidence, and strong morals.
Our school is a warm and caring environment of students, families and friends. We strive to instill the Catholic virtues of love, charity, and faith in our students.
The curriculum at St. John the Evangelist Catholic School integrates Catholic values with the knowledge and skills necessary to develop spiritually, intellectually and socially.
The curriculum includes Religion, Reading, Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Fine Arts (Art, Music), Physical Education, Computer Education, Library and Foreign Language. Spanish is part of the curriculum in grades K-8. Students in grades K-5 receive enrichment in Spanish each week for 45-90 minutes.
Advanced math is provided in grades 5-8 for students with high standardized test scores, are recommended by their teacher, have maintained a math grade of 93 or above and, if necessary, meet the necessary score on their end of year placement exam.
Grades 6 – 8
St. John the Evangelist’s middle school instills students with self-esteem, confidence, and strong morals in a Christ filled environment.
Our school community is a warm and caring environment of students, families, and friends. Students participate in various community service projects: contributing to the local food banks, shelters, and local causes that may arise within the community and parish.
The focus of middle school is twofold. Our curriculum encourages individual creativity as well as presenting challenges to enable the students to become life-long learners.
The curriculum includes Religion, Reading, Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Fine Arts (Art, Music), Health and Physical Education, Computer Education, Library and Foreign Language.
St. John the Evangelist School
111 John E. Mann Street
Warrenton, VA 20186