St. John the Evangelist School
About St. John the Evangelist School
SJES at a Glance
- Pre-K-8th grade Catholic School founded in 1960 by Father Robert E. O’Kane, and originally staffed by the Benedictine Sisters.
- A member of the Diocese of Arlington
- Accredited by the Virginia Catholic Education Association
- Located in Warrenton, VA, situated at the Blue Ridge foothills of Fauquier County
- Small, intimate sized school of 250 students, with a faculty & staff of 40+
- School Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. with early morning and after school Extended Day Services
- Foreign Language, Art, Technology, Music, Physical Education and Algebra are offered to all students
- Extra-curricular activities include CYO Basketball, Tennis, and Cross Country. We also offer a Soccer and Lacrosse club.
- Extracurricular activities include Soccer Club, Drama Club, Spanish Club, Little Flowers, National Junior Honor Society, Student Council Association
- Our school offers a challenging academic program for pre-school through 8th grade that stimulates each child’s intellectual curiosity and desire for life-long learning
- LabLearner Hands-on Science Program is offered to all students
- Middle School Honors Program in Math & Literature
- St. John the Evangelist School provides a safe environment which encourages the development of self esteem, confidence and spiritual growth
St. John Preschool (SJPS) and St. John Elementary School (SJES) are operated by St. John Parish, and accredited by the Virginia Catholic Education Association. (VCEA) The program is aimed at promoting each child’s spiritual, emotional, intellectual, physical, and social growth from age 2 1/2 to 8th grade. The Diocesan Preschool curriculum is planned to enhance the total development of the growing child and is organized in a sequential manner that follows a theme or unit. Our teachers are qualified and nurturing with ongoing yearly enrichment training.
Our educational aim is to make each learning activity for your child fun and game like, developmentally appropriate, challenging but not frustrating, and a multisensory experience. The students of S JPS are exposed to many concepts and encouraged in creativity. We are delighted at the mastery of concepts; however, mastery is not a forced expectation. There will be plenty of time in the future during the St. John Elementary school years for mastery of concepts and review. Our focus is on exposure to appealing learning activities.
Kindergarten – Grade 5 Curriculum
The curriculum at St. John the Evangelist Catholic School integrates Catholic values with the knowledge and skills necessary to develop spiritually, intellectually and socially.
The curriculum includes Religion, Reading, Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Fine Arts (Art, Music, Band), Physical Education, Computer Education, Library and Foreign Language. Spanish is part of the curriculum in grades K-8. Students in grades K-5 receive enrichment in Spanish each week for 30-60 minutes.
Advanced math is provided in grades 5-7 for those students, who are recommended by the teacher, scored a 90 or above in standardized testing, and has maintained a math grade of 93 or above.
Grades 6 – 8 Curriculum
The curriculum at St. John the Evangelist Catholic School integrates Catholic values with the knowledge and skills necessary to develop spiritually, intellectually and socially
The curriculum includes Religion, Reading, Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Fine Arts (Art, Music, Band), Health and Safety, Physical Education, Computer Education, Library and Foreign Language.
St. John the Evangelist School
111 John E. Mann Street
Warrenton, VA 20186