Mathnasium – Columbia
About Mathnasium – Columbia
Welcome to Mathnasium of Columbia
We help kids in grades 1-12 understand math by teaching the way that makes sense to them.
When math makes sense, kids leap way ahead – whether they started out far behind or already ahead in math. Our formula for teaching kids math, the Mathnasium Method™ has transformed the way kids learn math for over a decade across 700+ centers in the US and Canada:
At Mathnasium of Columbia, we specialize in teaching kids math the way that makes sense to them.
- We know how to teach your child math.
Our specially trained math instructors will teach your child how to understand math in an individual setting – our unique approach enables us to effectively explain math concepts and lend a helping hand to every student. Our tutors foster a caring, encouraging environment that helps kids thrive and learn!
- We pinpoint your child’s learning needs, meet them where they are, and take them where they need to go.
We then design a customized learning plan for teaching the concepts the student needs to master, and use a combination of proprietary materials and instruction techniques to ensure your child masters these concepts.
- Specially Trained, Caring Instructors Who Teach: Mathnasium’s specially trained instructors implement the learning plan and work with each student to ensure they master the material. All teaching takes place during the Mathnasium session, and we don’t assign homework.
The Mathnasium program provides the foundation and support to succeed at each stage:
- Elementary School: Building math foundation, mastering computation and problem solving with whole and rational numbers, and understanding number sense
- Middle School: Continuing to build strong math foundation, mastering “the how and why” (algebra readiness), helping with homework, and filling in gaps needed for advanced classes
- High School: Filling in foundational gaps, addressing different levels of knowledge, helping with test preparation, and assisting with homework
Our goal is to enhance your child’s math skills, understanding of math concepts, and overall school performance. At the same time, we build confidence and help families see measurable progress.
Our year-round program provides consistency and flexibility.
- Flexible attendance
- Year-round program with memberships that can start at any time
Along with working through their customized learning plans, Mathnasium students receive homework help to solidify their understanding of concepts that are being covered in their current classwork.
Mathnasium Summer Program
With school work at a standstill, summer is the perfect time to catch up or get ahead! Our summer programs are designed to prevent summer learning loss, and will give your child the math skills needed to succeed in their upcoming school year.
Enroll now in our Mathnasium summer program, so you can put your best foot forward in math well before classes begin. We’ll help you embark on your best school year yet!
Mathnasium – Columbia
8827 Centre Park Drive, Ste F
Columbia, MD 21045