Mwah hah hah hah! (Insert your favorite evil laugh here.) Do you like cinnamon toast? These jack-o-lantern snacks are the sweet potato Halloween version of cinnamon toast. They start out like baked sweet potato fries, and then they are dunked in melted butter, and take a tumble in cinnamon sugar. That’s it! Sweet potatoes, butter, cinnamon, sugar.
Make sure you have plenty of kids to eat them up, otherwise you’ll find yourself nibbling them all (not that that ever happens here, right).
Sweet Potato Jack-o-Lanterns with Cinnamon Sugar Recipe
- Prep time: 25 minutes
- Cook time: 35 minutes
- Yield: Makes 16 to 22 rounds.
In these directions we are coating the entire sweet potato round in butter and cinnamon sugar. For a lighter version, just brush melted butter on one side of the sweet potato rounds, and dip only this side in cinnamon sugar.
Parents, if making this recipe with kids, the cutting out of the eyes and mouths is difficult and should be done by an adult. Otherwise just skip.
- One 1 1/2 to 2 pound sweet potato, in a even cylindrical shape if possible, wide enough for your cookie cutter form to cut out patterns
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted (for dipping)
- 4 Tbsp white granulated sugar (for dredging)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pumpkin shaped cookie cutter (small enough to fit within a slice of sweet potato)
- A sharp paring knife