The Ingredients:Sugar Cookie Dough
- 3/4 cup shortening (part butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. lemon flavoring or 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Disco Dust, Rainbow*
- Wilton’s Sparkle Gel, white
- Rainbow Dragees**
- Star Sprinkles
- Food Coloring, Standard + Neon
- Cheap Paint Brush
- Mix shortening, sugar, eggs and flavoring in large bowl.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into Large Bowl.
- Once you’ve made the dough – before chilling – do your separations and use food coloring to get the colors that you desire. We suggest Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple. (Traditional unicorn stuff.)
- Put the colored dough into sandwich baggies and let them chill for at least an hour.
As our kids are mastering tying their shoes, counting to 20, and learning to recognize the letters of the alphabet, it’s important for us to remember that our sons and daughters may not have the social skills necessary to handle the bumps that commonly surface in...
About Tara Dunsmore
Tara is a single mom from Frederick, Maryland just trying to keep up with her crazy life. When she's not at the park with her Boo Boo you can find her either at her day job right here at Tots2Tweens or at her second job as a Jamberry Independent Consultant. Tara spends her days at Tots2Tweens searching for fun family activities and interesting content to share with our readers. Events, recipes, parenting articles and resources…if you live in MD/DC/VA/PA Tots2Tweens is the place to find it. She spends a lot of time on Pinterest and Facebook sharing her finds with our followers. Tara also volunteers her time as the Administrative Coordinator for the charitable photographer's network, Shoots for a Cure.You can read more about Tara's crazy life on her blog i heart my crazy life or follow her on twitter: @heartmycrzylife.