Posted by amandar in Blog Posts on Wed, Jan 18, 2012
January is a little more than half way over and many people are already starting to fall behind on those over zealous New Year’s resolutions they made a few weeks ago.
We here at Tots2Tweens are committed to helping you stay the course though!
That is why we are having so much fun in the Get Your Body Back Community; talking about how we can do better for ourselves and stay committed to make 2012 our best year yet!
And, that’s also why we caught up with Laura Cipullo, Registered Dietitian, Diabetes Educator and Health Expert to pick her brain about some of her best tips for living healthy this year.
5 Easy to Do Tips for Living Healthy and Finding Fitness in 2012
- Do what you love: choose a physical activity that is fun. Rather than focus on burning calories, enjoy your time free of distractions. If you love the movement, you will make it a habit.
- Partner with a pal: Exercise is desirable when its social. Plus, you can’t back down when your best friend is knocking on the door.
- Move for five: set a goal of five minutes of walking, yoga or anything physical. Stick to your five minutes daily. It creates an achievable habit and you might just decide to move a few minutes longer.
- Make New Friends: Hang with people who are a positive influence on your health. These new friends will become your spin partners, your Zumba buddies and your cheerleaders.
- Break old habits by creating new realistic habits: Make small changes, like sitting down at a table to eat meals. Limit Screens; ]meals and movies should not mix. If you eat dessert nightly, do so mindfully and not in front of the tv. Abandon the clean your plate club; start by leaving 2 forkfuls of food on your dinner and or restaurant plate. Don’t diet; rather feed yourself by eating every 3-4 hrs to prevent overeating. Mix carbohydrates, proteins and fats at all meals.
Pop over to Laura’s blog and get more info about living a healthy lifestyle with your entire family.
Laura Cipullo is a Registered Dietitian, Certified Diabetes Educator, provides sound, ethical nutrition advice to both adults and children. Laura has office in Manhattan, N.Y where she shares her expertise in the nutrition field by providing mentoring services to other registered dietitians and volunteering for food and nutrition causes, including acting as a Food Professional to create a positive food-related experience for the children participating in the American Institute of Wine and Food’s Days of Taste program and volunteering for the nonprofit organization Children for Children, which engages young people in community service. She resides in the West Village in New York City with her husband and children. You can receive free nutrition tips, encouraging a wholesome way of eating that incorporates all foods in moderation, by signing up on Laura’s nutrition blog.
About Amanda Rodriguez
Amanda is your friendly, neighborhood T2T head blogger. She is in charge of bringing the blog awesome to Tots2Tweens on a daily basis! She is a married mom to three cool Dudes (ages 3, 6, & 9) and one baby dog daughter. In addition to making magic here on Tots2Tweens she also writes a pretty fan-freakin-tastic humor parenting blog called parenting BY dummies. When she’s not bringing the pain online or chasing her Dudes up and down a field of some sort she is behind her camera capturing memories for gorgeous people with her Maryland photography business. She also enjoys reality TV (she was even on a show once!), baked goodness, and watching other people take long walks on the beach.