Posted by amandar in Blog on Wed, Jan 18, 2012
- Do what you love: choose a physical activity that is fun. Rather than focus on burning calories, enjoy your time free of distractions. If you love the movement, you will make it a habit.
- Partner with a pal: Exercise is desirable when its social. Plus, you can’t back down when your best friend is knocking on the door.
- Move for five: set a goal of five minutes of walking, yoga or anything physical. Stick to your five minutes daily. It creates an achievable habit and you might just decide to move a few minutes longer.
- Make New Friends: Hang with people who are a positive influence on your health. These new friends will become your spin partners, your Zumba buddies and your cheerleaders.
- Break old habits by creating new realistic habits: Make small changes, like sitting down at a table to eat meals. Limit Screens; ]meals and movies should not mix. If you eat dessert nightly, do so mindfully and not in front of the tv. Abandon the clean your plate club; start by leaving 2 forkfuls of food on your dinner and or restaurant plate. Don’t diet; rather feed yourself by eating every 3-4 hrs to prevent overeating. Mix carbohydrates, proteins and fats at all meals.
About Amanda Rodriguez
Amanda is your friendly, neighborhood T2T head blogger. She is in charge of bringing the blog awesome to Tots2Tweens on a daily basis! She is a married mom to three cool Dudes (ages 3, 6, & 9) and one baby dog daughter. In addition to making magic here on Tots2Tweens she also writes a pretty fan-freakin-tastic humor parenting blog called parenting BY dummies. When she’s not bringing the pain online or chasing her Dudes up and down a field of some sort she is behind her camera capturing memories for gorgeous people with her Maryland photography business. She also enjoys reality TV (she was even on a show once!), baked goodness, and watching other people take long walks on the beach.