Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/10/whiskey-glazed-carrots-major-league-yum/
1 stick Butter, Divided
2 pounds (to 3 Pounds) Carrots, Peeled And Cut Into Thick Circles
1/2 cup Jack Daniels Or Other Whiskey
3/4 cups (to 1 Cup) Brown Sugar
1/2 teaspoon (to 1 Teaspoon) Salt
Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over high heat. Add carrots in two batches, cooking for 60-90 seconds each batch. Remove from skillet.
- Pour in whiskey and allow to evaporate 30 seconds. Reduce heat to medium, and add remaining butter. When butter melts, sprinkle brown sugar over the top. Stir together, then add carrots to skillet. Cover, and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and add salt and pepper. Continue cooking until carrots are done and glaze is thick, about 5 more minutes.
- Pour onto a platter and serve immediately. Sprinkle with chopped chives if desired.
- Stick a serving spoon in the mix, and it’s time to serve ‘em up. And oh, what a wonderful time it is. I gobbled these up ‘til I embarrassed myself.
Write a Review!
More recipes with "carrots":
More "Side Dish" recipes: