Vanilla Mousse Cheesecake
Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.cheesecakecheer.com/?rec=vanilla_mousse_cheesecake
40 Nilla Wafers, finely crushed
3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
4 pkg. (8 oz. each) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened, divided
1 cup sugar, divided
1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp. vanilla, divided
1 tub (8 oz.) cool whip topping
- Heat oven to 325 degrees (F)
- Mix wafer crumbs and butter; press into bottom of 9 in. spring form pan
- Beat 3 pkg. of cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, and 1 Tbsp. vanilla with mixer until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 50-55min or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool completely in pan.
- Beat remaining cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer in large bowl until blended. Whisk in.
- Spread cool whip over cheesecake. Refrigerate 4 hours. Remove rim of pan before serving cheesecake.
- Option: Garnish with fresh berries before serving.