Recipe submitted by: aMusingFoodie
What's in it
1 tablespoon butter
1 large egg
1 cup whole milk
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
How to cook it
- Place the butter in a large non-stick skillet to warm over medium heat while you make the batter.*
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, cardamom, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a 2-cup glass measuring cup, whisk together the milk, egg, oil and vanilla. Pour it into the flour mixture and whisk until it’s just combined.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, pour the batter 3 pancakes at a time into the skillet. Let cook for 3-4 minutes, or until bubbles appear uniformly across the pancake batter, and the edges start to look slightly firm
- Flip each pancake over and continue cooking for another two minutes. Remove the pancakes to a plate, and tent with aluminum foil while you finish cooking the rest.
- Serve warm with butter and maple syrup (the real stuff if you can get your hands on it).