Sweet Salmon Chowder
Recipe submitted by: Aimee Mendoza
Recipe courtesy of: My Daily Moment
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
1 (14 1/2 oz.) can chicken broth, divided
2 cups diced peeled potatoes
1 cup sliced carrots
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dill weed
1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
1 (14 3/4 oz.) can cream-style corn
1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
2 cups cooked salmon chunks or 2 (7 1/2 oz.) cans salmon, drained and bones removed
- In a saucepan, cook onion, celery, green pepper and garlic in 1/4-cup broth until tender.
- Add potatoes, carrots, salt, dill and remaining broth.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add zucchini; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add corn, milk and salmon; heat through.