Sweet Balsamic Chicken
Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.laaloosh.com/2014/03/03/sweet-balsamic-chicken-recipe/
2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 6 fillets
2 large shallots, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tsp orange zest
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and spray a large baking dish with nonfat cooking spray.
- Season chicken generously with salt and pepper, and place in baking dish.
- In a small sauce pan, combine remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and let simmer until sauce reduces down a bit, about 15 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and cover baking dish with foil. Poke a few holes in the foil ;to allow for steam to escape.
- Place in oven and cook until chickens cooked through, about 20 minutes. Remove foil and place back in oven for another 10-12 minutes to brown the top of the chicken. Let cool about 5 minutes before serving.