Sweet Almond Garlic Soup
Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://food.mamiverse.com/recipe-cold-almond-garlic-soup-17344/
½ cup almonds, whole and unsalted
3-4 slices stale or slightly toasted white, crusty bread, sliced
3 cloves garlic, peeled * (See note.)
4 cups water
5 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
3-4 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 TSP salt, plus more to taste
1 cup seedless green grapes for garnish
¼ lb shrimp, cooked, for garnish
- Place bread to soak in 2 cups cold water and set aside.
- Put garlic and almonds in a blender. Blend on pulse until smooth.
- Remove bread from water, squeezing excess liquid gently.
- Add bread to the mixture in the blender, and add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Continue to blend on pulse.
- While blending, drizzle olive oil in a small, steady stream.
- Add vinegar and 2 cups of water.
- Blend until it reaches an emulsified consistency.
- Refrigerate for about 4 hours or overnight. Serve in chilled bowls, and garnish with grapes and shrimp.