Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs
Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://kareninthekitchen.wordpress.com/
1 can of Grand's biscuits
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
sugar for sprinkling
20 large strawberries, 2 slices per strawberry
2 cups heavy cream
½ jar marshmallow fluff
3 tbsp sugar
- Roll out one piece of refrigerated biscuit dough to about a 5 inch circle and cut into 1 1/2 inch circles. Each one should give you 7 circles. Make sure you use your handy-dandy homemade circle cutter.
- Place the biscuit circles on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Whisk together the egg white and water. Brush each biscuit with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
- The biscuits are done when they’re a nice golden brown, about 10 minutes. Once finished transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely before constructing skewers.
- To prepare the strawberries, first wash and dry all the berries. Cut the tops off. Then the small end. Then slice in half, giving you two strawberry circles. I stacked them together on a plate keeping each of the two pieces together, so it would look more uniform when putting them on a skewer.
- To make the cream: In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, combine the heavy cream and sugar and beat until firm peaks form. Add half a jar of marshmallow fluff until just combined.
- I cut my skewers down in size to about 6 inches so they would look nicer but this is a choice. Now just start layering with the biscuit, whipped cream, strawberry, whipped cream, biscuit, whipped cream, strawberry, whipped cream, biscuit. (See pic.)
Write a Review!
More recipes with "Eggs, Strawberries":
More "Dessert, Snack" recipes: