Steamed Yellowtail Snapper with Cilantro and Ginger
Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.tennesseeaquarium.org/
3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
3 tablespoons lime juice - freshly squeezed
3 tablespoons fresh ginger - finely grated
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
4 4 to 6 ounce US yellowtail snapper fillets - skin on
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place the cilantro, lime juice, ginger, honey, soy sauce and sesame oil in a small food processor and process until thoroughly combined. Set aside at room temperature.
- Place a wide 6-quart saucepan with 1-inch of water in the bottom, over high heat, cover and bring to a boil.
- Cut out a parchment round to cover a steamer basket that fi ts in the saucepan.
- Sprinkle the fish with the salt and pepper, arrange the fish on the parchment, trying not to overlap, carefully place the basket into the saucepan, cover and steam 5 to 6 minutes or until the fish is opaque and flaky.
- Remove the fish to a serving dish, spoon over the sauce and serve.