spinach and artichoke phyllo log
Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.laaloosh.com/2014/04/07/spinach-and-artichoke-phyllo-log-recipe/
“Spinach and artichoke dip rolled into a log of crispy phyllo, makes for a seriously delicious dish!”
9 sheets of whole wheat phyllo dough
1 lbs frozen spinach, thawed
4 oz reduced fat cream cheese, at room temp
1 15 oz can artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed and chopped
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1/4 cup fat free sour cream
1/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and mist with cooking spray.
- Squeeze as much water as possible rom the spinach. Combine spinach, cream cheese, artichoke hearts, mozzarella, parmesan, sour cream and salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl.
- Lay out one sheet of phyllo dough, and using a pastry brush, gently brush a light layer of olive oil evenly on one side. Add 2 more sheets, lightly brushing each layer with some of the olive oil.
- Spread 1/3 of the spinach mixture along one short side of the phyllo pile. Fold in the long sides, then roll up to create a log. Place seam side down on baking sheet.
- Repeat process with remaining phyllo sheets and spinach mixture, creating 3 phyllo logs in total.
- Lightly brush tops of phyllo logs with remaining olive oil. Place in oven, and bake until golden brown, about 20-25 min. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Cut using a serrated knife.
Write a Review!
More recipes with "Artichoke Hearts, Cheese, Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, Spinach":
More "Dinner" recipes: