Slow-Cooker Soy Glazed Chicken With Stir Fried Vegetables
Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/soy-glazed-chicken-stir-fried-vegetables-00100000074155/
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 8)
1 cup long-grain white rice
1 tablespoon canola oil
3/4 pound snow peas, trimmed
2 heads baby bok choy, leaves separated
1 red bell pepper, sliced
4 scallions, cut into 2-inch lengths
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, mix together the sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice, fish sauce, ginger, and crushed red pepper. Add the chicken and turn to coat.
- Cover and cook until the chicken is tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours (this will shorten total recipe time).
- Twenty minutes before serving, cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, transfer the chicken to a plate. Pour the cooking liquid into a large skillet and boil until slightly thickened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a second large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the snow peas, bok choy, bell pepper, scallions, and garlic and cook, tossing frequently, until the vegetables are tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Season with ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Serve with the chicken and rice; drizzle with the cooking liquid.
Write a Review!
More recipes with "Bok Choy, Chicken, Ginger, Lemons, Red Pepper, Rice, Soy Sauce":
More "Dinner" recipes: