Rigatoni Pasta Pie
Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hillbilly-Recipes/412046715548890
1 pound rigatoni pasta
½ pound ground beef
½ pound ground Italian sausage
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup onion, chopped
4 ounces cream cheese
14 ounces spaghetti sauce
15 ounces ricotta cheese
1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
2 large eggs
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. oregano
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Boil and drain the noodles according to the directions on the box. You want them a little firm, as they will cook some more in the oven. Run cold water over them so they are cool enough to handle.
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef and Italian sausage with salt and pepper to taste. Drain the excess grease, and add the chopped onion and garlic. After about 5 minutes, add the cream cheese and stir until melted. Add the spaghetti sauce.
- In a small bowl, mix your ricotta, parmesan, basil, oregano and 2 eggs until smooth then set aside.
- Spray the bottom and sides of a springform pan with cooking spray. Tightly pack the pasta into the pan, standing each piece on end.
- Fill a Ziploc bag with the cheese mixture and snip the corner of the bag and pipe a small amount into every noodle, leaving a little empty space at the top of each noodle.
- Pour the beef and sauce mixture over the top, letting it fill the empty spaces at the top of and in between the noodles.
- Top the whole thing with the 2 cups of mozzarella.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Then turn the broiler on just long enough for the cheese to start to get brown and bubbly.
Write a Review!
More recipes with "Beef, Cheese, Cream Cheese, Eggs, Onion, Pasta, Pork, Tomato Sauce":
More "Dinner" recipes: