Rabe With Chickpeas And Sundried Tomatoes
Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.celiaccentral.org/
1 small bunch of rabe, cleaned and trimmed
½ small onion, sliced thin
½ cup canned chickpeas, rinsed
4 sun dried tomatoes, halved and cut into strips
1 tbsp capers
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
½ packet of stevia
Chili pepper flakes
Garlic flakes, crushed
- Chop the broccolini/rabe/ bitter broccoli in three seconds unless the stems are short then cut into two.
- First, steam the broccoli until just tender then set aside. The reason why is so that you don’t overcook the broccolini but still don’t end up with it so raw that its remarkably bitter.
- In a nonstick frying pan or one coated with nonstick spray, sauté the onions until just soft. Add the rabe and sauté for a few minutes or until the onions become transparent. Add the chickpeas, and sun dried tomatoes with the chili flakes, garlic, salt, capers, and pepper for three minutes, stir-frying/sautéing then turn off the heat. I personally don’t like mushy vegetables but, of course, that’s your call.
- If you want the broccoli to be more tender than crisp, steam longer in the first place.
- Toss in the balsamic vinegar then transfer to a plate.
Write a Review!
More recipes with "Broccoli, Chick Peas, Tomato":
More "Dinner, Lunch, Side Dish" recipes:
More recipes with the same dietary type of "Gluten Free":