Pork, Apple & Potato Saute
Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.parents.com/recipe/pork/pork-apple-potato-saute/
4 center-cut pork chops (about 1-1/2 pounds total)
1 box (4.5 ounces) roasted garlic and herb crispy potatoes (such as Betty Crocker)
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into thin wedges
1 cup frozen green peas
1 cup cheddar cheese crumbles (about 4 ounces)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pork chops on a cutting board. Remove seasoning packet from potato package; sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon seasoning over chops. Sprinkle chops with 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high to high heat for about 3 minutes. Add chops and cook 3 minutes on one side until nicely browned. Flip over chops; continue to brown an additional 2 minutes. Move pork to a baking sheet and transfer to oven. Bake at 350 degrees F for 7 to 9 minutes, or until instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees F in center of chop. Cover with foil and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, add potatoes and 1-3/4 cups water to skillet. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and add apple slices and remaining seasoning from package. Cook 7 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and mixture begins to sizzle. Stir in peas; cook 3 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in cheddar cheese. Transfer potato mixture to a platter; top with pork and serve.
- Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal.(kcal): 582, Fat, total(g): 21, chol.(mg): 123, sat. fat(g): 8, carb.(g): 48, fiber(g): 7, pro.(g): 51, sodium(mg): 1086, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Write a Review!
More recipes with "Apples, Cheese, Peas, Pork, Potatoes":
More "Dinner" recipes: