Recipe submitted by: aMusingFoodie
What's in it
2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
1/4 cup pomegranate arils
How to cook it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar on medium-high for 3 minutes, until smooth. Beat in the egg and the vanilla.
- With the mixer on low, gradually beat in the dry ingredients until just combined – do not over-mix
- Drizzle the pomegranate juice over your cookie dough, and gently fold with a spatula until you see a light lavender swirl.
- Place rounded tablespoonfuls of the dough on ungreased cookie sheets, pressing down a bit to flatten
- Add 8-10 pomegranate arils on top, pushing down gently on each one to nestle them into the dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown and the centers are baked. Let stand on cookie sheets for 1-2 minutes before transferring them to cool completely on a wire rack.
More recipes with "Pomegranate":
More "Dessert" recipes: