Nutella Croissant French Toast
Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://80breakfasts.blogspot.com/2011/01/breakfast-33-nutella-croissant-french.html
2 croissants or 4 mini-croissants (day old, dried, or otherwise not fit for fresh consumption)
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon butter
- Slice each croissant lengthwise.
- Mix egg and milk together in a flattish bowl.
- Melt butter in a skillet. Place croissant slices in milk-egg mixture while butter melts, turning so all sides are coated in the mixture.
- Once the bubbles subside lay each croissant on the hot butter, cut side down. Fry until golden brown and crisp on the edges. Flip and fry until the other side is likewise golden and toasted. Remove to a paper towel-line plate.
- While the croissant is still hot spread a good dollop of Nutella on each croissant bottom. Top with the top-half of the croissant. Serves two.