Mini OREO Surprise Cupcakes
Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: www.kraftrecipes.com
1 pkg. (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
2 Tbsp. sugar
48 Mini OREO Bite Size Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
1-1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
1 large and one small mixing bowl
rubber spatula & wire whisk
2 oven mitts
24 cupcake paper liners
2 (12 cup) muffin pans
1/4-cup dry measuring cup & 1 liquid measuring cup
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Prepare cake batter in large mixing bowl as directed on package; set aside.
- WHISK cream cheese, egg and sugar in small mixing bowl until well blended.
- SCOOP cake batter, using 1/4-cup dry measuring cup, into each of 24 paper or foil-lined medium muffin cups, filling each cup about half full.
- SPOON 1/2 Tbsp. of cream cheese mixture over batter in each muffin cup. Top with 1 cookie. Cover evenly with remaining cake batter.
- BAKE 19 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- TOP cupcakes with whipped topping and remaining cookies just before serving. Makes 24 servings.