Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://family.go.com/food/recipe-750565-lunchbox-apple-pies-t/
What's in it
1/2 cup butter - softened
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup ice water
2 Tablespoons butter
2 cups peeled, cored and diced apples - about 2 medium
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 large egg
1 Tablespoon water
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
How to cook it
- Combine flour, salt and butter and mix together until crumbly. Add water and stir until dough forms. Set aside.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons butter in a small pan over medium-low heat. Add apples and cook until apples soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add brown sugar to apples and cook and stir until sugar is dissolved and any juices from the apples begin to thicken, about 5 more minutes.
- Remove apples from heat and stir in cinnamon.
- Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness and cut into 12 rounds with a 4-inch biscuit cutter.
- Place dough rounds onto greased baking sheets. Top half of each round with a tablespoon of apple mixture. Fold opposite end of dough over apples and seal with hands or a fork.
- Cut a small slit in the top of each pie to vent steam.
- Combine egg, 1 tablespoon water and granulated sugar until well blended and sugar is dissolved. Brush on tops of each pie.
- Bake pies in a 375 degree F oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Cool completely before storing.
More recipes with "Apples, Eggs":
More "Snack" recipes: