Recipe submitted by: Aimee Mendoza
Recipe courtesy of: Giada De Laurentiis
⅔ cup olive oil
⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup fresh lemon juice (from about 2 lemons)
¾ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
1 pound spaghetti
⅓ cup chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon lemon zest (from about 2 lemons)
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and ¾ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper to blend. Set the lemon sauce aside. (The sauce can be made up to 8 hours ahead.
- Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before using).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil
- Add the spaghetti and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Add the spaghetti to the lemon sauce, and toss with the basil and lemon zest.
- Toss the pasta with enough reserved cooking liquid, 1/4 cup at a time, to moisten.
- Season the pasta with more salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to bowls and serve.