Individual Cheesecakes (with sugar)!
Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/
⅔ cup whole-wheat graham cracker crumbs, about 4 large crackers (Mi-del is a brand that is 100% whole-wheat or Annie’s makes a partially whole-wheat option)
3 tablespoons butter, melted
8 oz cream cheese, softened
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup heavy cream
¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Recommended toppings: Fresh strawberries, homemade whipped cream, and/or chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tray with paper liners and set aside.
- Mix together the graham cracker crumbs and butter thoroughly. Evenly distribute crumbs into the liners (about one heaping tablespoon each) and press down firmly. This is a great job for little fingers:) Bake until the crust is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling by using an electric mixer/whisk to mix together the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, heavy cream and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for several minutes until well combined.
- Turn the oven down to 300 degrees F and spoon the cream mixture evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake until set, about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks and chill in a single layer in the fridge. Just before serving fill the top of the muffin cups with whipped cream and other toppings. For the best results, I would not recommend adding the whipped cream in advance.