HONEY LIME GRILLED SHRIMP
Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://tnaqua.org/
32 (21-25) Gulf shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
Zest and juice from 1 lime
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon red pepper flake
1/2 teaspoon toasted ground cumin
1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place all ingredients into a large, 1-gallon zip top bag. Seal and ‘massage’ in order to thoroughly coat shrimp with all of the marinade ingredients. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the refrigerator and continue to marinate at room temperature for an additional 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Thread each shrimp onto two skewers. One skewer should go through the largest end (head) and the other closer to the smallest end (tail). Thread 8 shrimp onto each skewer set, leaving a very small space in between each shrimp. Brush with any marinade left in the bag.
- Lay on grill and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 1 1/2 minutes or just until the shrimp turns pink and opaque white. Do not overcook. Serve immediately.