Recipe submitted by: Tara Dunsmore
Recipe courtesy of: Blissfully Domestic
What's in it
3 c. oats
½ c. sunflower seeds
½ c. nuts
½ c. coconut*
¼ c. oil (melted coconut oil or butter works great)
¼ c. honey
1/6 c. water
1 tsp. vanilla
*Try to find unsweetened coconut if you can.
Other add-ins, before or after baking:
dried fruit (after baking)
How to cook it
- Mix dry ingredients (Oats, Sunflower Seeds, nuts and coconut) in bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients (oil, honey, water, vanilla) in bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Pour into 9×13 pan or a cookie sheet.
- Toast in a 350 degree oven. Stir after 10 minutes, then more frequently until browned (every 5). Store in an airtight container.
- tip: You’ll learn the finesse of turning the granola without getting it all over out of the pan. Stir from the outside in, down and then up in the center. If you use cookie sheet(s), watch it very closely. Better to err on the side of not brown enough than too brown, which happens quickly at the end!
More recipes with "Granola":
More "Breakfast" recipes:
More recipes with the same dietary type of "Vegetarian":