Homemade Fruit Rolls
Recipe submitted by: Tara Dunsmore
Recipe courtesy of: Disney Family.com
100% fruit with no sugar or artificial anything added.
What's in it
8 ounces dried apricots or other dried fruit
1 1/2 cups water
How to cook it
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Line a 12x15 inch baking sheet with aluminum foil; coat foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine apricots or other dried fruit with water in a heavy saucepan and simmer for 30 minutes or until fruit is very soft.
- Drain excess liquid and pour fruit into a blender. Puree until very smooth.
- Pour fruit onto prepared foil and spread evenly, making sure there are no holes.
- Place sheet into oven for 25 minutes. Without opening oven, turn heat off and leave oven door shut for 8 hours.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and gently peel fruit from foil. Set on waxed paper, right-side down, and press down.
- Cut into 12 even strips, lengthwise. Roll each strip with the paper side out and store in plastic bags until ready to eat.
More recipes with "Fruit":
More "Snack" recipes:
More recipes with the same dietary type of "Vegan, Vegetarian":