Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
What's in it
½ pound finely chopped ham (your kid’s favorite)
2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup mayonnaise
2 TBSP honey mustard
2 ready-to-bake sheets of puff pastry, thawed according to package directions (about 1 lb.)
Egg wash made with one beaten egg, plus one tablespoon water
How to cook it
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ham, cheese, mayonnaise, and mustard; chill for 30 minutes.
- On a clean and lightly floured surface, roll out one puff pastry sheet into a 12-inch square; cut it into 9 (4-inch by 4-inch) squares, using a sharp knife or a pastry cutter. Place 2 packed tablespoons of the ham mixture on the center of each square; brush the edges of each pastry square with egg wash and fold the pastry over the filling to form a triangle.
- Use the tines of a fork to seal the edges decoratively. Place pastry triangles on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the second puff pastry sheet.
- When all the empanadas are filled, bake them until golden, about 15-20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
More recipes with "Cheese, Eggs, Ham":
More "Dinner, Lunch" recipes: