Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2012/09/granola-bars/
6 cups Rolled Oats (not Quick Oats)
4 Tablespoons Butter, Melted, Plus More For Greasing
1/4 cup Vegetable Or Canola Oil
1 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Honey
1/4 cup Apple Juice
1/4 cup Molasses
3 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1-1/2 cup Rice Krispies
1 cup Wheat Germ
1/2 cup Finely Chopped Pecans
1/4 cup Roughly Chopped Almonds
8 ounces, weight Milk Chocolate Or Chocolate Almond Bark, Melted (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, toss the oats with the canola oil, melted butter and salt. Spread the mixture out on 2 baking sheets and toast in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, shaking the pan twice and making sure they don't burn. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, honey, apple juice and molasses. Heat the mixture slowly, stirring until all combined. Stir in the vanilla.
- Toss together the toasted oats, rice cereal, wheat germ, pecans and almonds. Pour in the sugar mixture, stirring as you pour. Toss to combine; it will be sticky!
- Press into 1 baking sheet (thoroughly greased with butter, or line pan with foil and grease foil) and bake until golden, about 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Cut pieces with a sharp knife and remove from the pan. OPTIONAL Dip the cooled granola bars straight into the melted chocolate so that the top is plain and the bottom is chocolate-covered. Set on parchment until set, sticking in the fridge to hasten this along if necessary.
Write a Review!
More recipes with "Almonds, Honey, Oatmeal, Pecans":
More "Appetizer, Brunch, Snack" recipes: