Gluten-Free Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp-Crumble
Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com
2 cups strawberries, hulled and halved (or quartered for large berries)
1 cup rhubarb, trimmed, halved lengthwise, sliced into pieces
1 tablespoon turbinado sugar or touch of agave
1/2 cup quinoa cereal flakes
1/2 cup gluten-free millet flour (or sorghum flour)
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup organic light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup vegan butter or use 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9x9-inch baking or gratin dish with a little vegan butter (or use two smaller baking dishes, like I did).
- Combine the strawberries and rhubarb in a bowl and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Toss to coat. Dump them into the greased baking dish and distribute the fruit evenly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the quinoa cereal flakes, millet flour, chopped pecans, light brown sugar, cinnamon, and sea salt. Add the vegan butter in pieces; using your hands, rub the butter and dry mixture together to create a sandy, crumbly texture.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over the fruit.
- Bake in the center of a pre-heated oven till browned and slightly bubbling. Check for desired tenderness with a fork. I baked mine for 25 minutes because I don't like my fruit overcooked. If you prefer your fruit traditionally soft, bake it for 35 minutes.
- Set the crumble aside on a rack and allow it to cool a bit before serving. I love it slightly warm from the oven. A scoop of coconut milk vanilla ice cream is entirely optional.
Write a Review!
More recipes with "Pecans, Rhubarb, Strawberries":
More "Breakfast, Brunch, Dessert" recipes:
More recipes with the same dietary type of "Dairy Free, Gluten Free":