Dr. Pepper Barbecued Beef Brisket
Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.imperialsugar.com/recipes/category/recipes-by-sugar-type/dr-pepper-barbecued-beef-brisket
1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
1 cup ketchup
1 cup Dr. Pepper Cherry Cola Soda
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 fresh beef brisket (4-5 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Trim fat from meat. Place meat in a large roasting pan.
- Combine brown sugar, ketchup, Dr Pepper, onion, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; mixing until well blended.
- Pour over meat. Cover tightly with foil.
- Roast for 3 hours or until meat is tender, brushing occasionally with sauce mixture.
- Remove meat to platter and keep warm.
- Pour remaining sauce into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until sauce reduces and thickens.
- Cut meat into thin diagonal slices across the grain at an angle. Serve meat with sauce.