Crunchy Kicked Up Kale Chips
Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.simpledish.com/recipes/sides/crunchy-kicked-up-kale-chips
4 stalks kale
Pinch of salt
Pinch of cracked black pepper
Pinch of crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Wash and thoroughly dry the kale leaves (water on the leaves will prevent crunchiness).
- Easily separate the leaves from the ribs by running your hand down the rib, discard ribs.
- Tear the leaves into potato chip sized pieces. Pile kale on a baking pan and sprinkle with the olive oil, salt, cracked black pepper and crushed red pepper.
- Toss kale with your hands until all the leaves are coated.
- Spread out the kale as much as possible so that the leaves are not covering each other too much.
- Bake in the oven for about 12-15 minutes (keep an eye on ‘em!) or until leaves are crispy and starting to brown slightly.