Corn Dog Casserole
Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://allrecipes.com/
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups thinly sliced celery
1 1/2 cups sliced green onion
1 1/2 pounds vegetarian hot dogs
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
2 teaspoons rubbed sage
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 (8.5 ounce) packages dry corn bread mix
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a shallow 3 quart baking dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter, then saute celery for 5 minutes. Stir in green onions, and saute an additional 5 minutes. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Cut hot dogs lengthwise into quarters, then cut into thirds. In the same skillet, saute hot dogs for 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Mix hot dogs into celery and onions. Set aside 1 cup of this mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, sage, pepper, and corn bread mix. Stir well to combine, then stir into remaining hot dog mixture. Mix in 1 1/2 cups cheese. Spread mixture into prepared baking dish. Top with reserved hot dog mixture and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until golden brown.
Write a Review!
More recipes with "Celery, Cheese, Eggs, Hot Dog, Onion":
More "Dinner, Lunch" recipes: