Corn and Potato Chowder
Recipe submitted by: sroos
1 1/2 cups prechopped green bell pepper
1 cup chopped green onions, divided (about 1 bunch)
2 cups frozen corn kernels
1 1/4 cups water
1 teaspoon seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay)
3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 pound baking potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 cup half-and-half
1/4 cup chopped parsley
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add bell pepper and 3/4 cup green onions, and sauté 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Increase heat to high; add corn, water, seafood seasoning, thyme, red pepper, and potatoes; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat, and stir in half-and-half, chopped parsley, and salt.
- Place about 1 1/2 cups soup in each of 4 bowls; sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cheese and 1 tablespoon green onions.
Write a Review!
More recipes with "Corn, Potatoes":
More "Dinner, Soup" recipes:
More recipes with the same dietary type of "Vegetarian":