Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.celiaccentral.org/
What's in it
2 cups (8 oz.) pecan halves
1 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp butter at room temperature
Peanut butter filling
½ stick butter, softened
¾ cup smooth peanut butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
¾ cup powdered sugar
1 cup whipping or heavy cream
2 Tbsp packed soft brown sugar
1 cup (6 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
How to cook it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Chop nuts, sugar and cinnamon in processor until nuts are finely ground. Add butter and blend until well combined.
- Press nut mix into bottom and up sides of 9” pie plate or springform pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer or in a food processor, mix peanut butter, butter and vanilla essence.
- Mix in powdered sugar until well blended. Add milk, if necessary, to make it more spreadable.
- Spread into cooled nut crust.
- Heat cream, sugar and vanilla in sauce pan or microwave until nearly boiling.
- Add chocolate, leave for a few minutes and then stir until totally smooth. Let cool.
- Pour 2/3 of chocolate mix over peanut butter layer and leave in fridge to chill and set. The mix will not harden like a bar of chocolate, but will be firm enough to cut.
- Once the remaining sauce has cooled (at least 1 hour in fridge, quicker in freezer; don’t attempt to whisk if it is not cold), whisk with an electric mixer until thickened like whipped cream. This will happen very quickly.
- Pipe the stiffened chocolate mix around the edge of the pie and serve.
- Tips: For presentation, reserve 2 Tbsp of the peanut butter mix. Add some milk to make it thinner and pour into a snack size Ziploc bag. Snip a corner off the bag and pipe a continuous circle of peanut butter mix radiating out from the center of the dish. Take a toothpick, knife or skewer and gently drag the tip through circle from outside to the center to form a pattern. Refrigerate to set.
More recipes with "Peanut Butter, Pecans":
More "Dessert" recipes:
More recipes with the same dietary type of "Gluten Free":